FOCUSSED ON METALLIFEROUS EXPLORATION AND MINING GEOLOGY
- BAppSc Honours (Geology), UTS (1995)
- PhD (Geology), JCU (2004)
- Member of the AIG
- Exploration Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry
- Mine Geology, Production Control/Reconciliation, Mining methods
- Geometallurgy/Total Deposit Knowledge, Application of geoscience to mining and minerals processing
- Travis has predominantly worked in Gold, Base Metals, Tin-Tungsten, and Iron deposits in WA, Tasmania, and Queensland, Australia. He has extensive underground gold production experience and thrives on discerning controls on mineralization and application to exploration strategies.
- Recent work has involved the application of geoscience to mining and mineral processing, including the best use of that geological data found critical to the understanding of underground cave (mass-mining) propagation and performance. Project Leader for the 'Deep Mining Queensland' (DMQ) Project at UQ-BRC, encompassing mining-informed de-risking of deep exploration in the Cloncurry Copper-Gold district, NW Queensland.
For more information, refer to Travis's LinkedIn profile at: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/travis-murphy/22/50/652